We're looking to discover new voices and to create a community of the next generation of filmmakers.
4 / 24 / 2020
11 / 20 / 2020
12 / 31 / 2020
All films screened for awards consideration will come from submissions!
We know of no other festival making such a claim. We're looking to discover new voices. We're looking to create a community of the next generation
Awards // Prizes
The Blue Ridge Film Festival offers individual awards for Best Feature, Best Doc, Best Short, Best Animated Film, Best Screenplay, Best TV Pilot, Best Web Series, Best Music Video and Best Local Film.
All award winners are eligible for a distribution deal from our partners at SMG.
All filmmakers selected for the fest will receive a prize package for iPitch. iPitch's marketplace includes executives from Discovery Studios, Sony Pictures Entertainment Television, New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers, Echo Lake Entertainment, Relativity Television, CBS, WEtv, Authentic Entertainment and Leftfield Pictures.
The Grand Jury Prize winner will receive $500 cash.
Rules // Terms
1. Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. Barnstorm Media expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
3. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund.
4. Submitters may submit more than one entry in more than one category.
5. All judges’ decisions are final.
How do I submit?
We accept submission through Film Freeway. Follow this link:
Do you accept rough cuts/works-in-progress?
We do. Our programming staff is accustomed to watching films that have incomplete elements. If selected, films will need to be completed two weeks before the screening date.
Do you require premiere status?
Do you prefer DVD, Blu-Ray or Online screeners?
We only accept online screeners sent via Film Freeway.
Do you accept international/foreign language films?
Yes. But they must be subtitled in English.
What genres are you looking for?
We're looking for the best films across all genres!
I still have questions!